As I said
in my previous post, I have been a fan of Mafumafu (ま ふ ま ふ) for 5 years. He is a Japanese
singer since 2010; known as Utaite (singers who make covers, such as Vocaloid,
video games, anime, etc). He is also a composer, lyricist, sound engineer, director
and producer of his own music videos, he also composed songs for the anime Osomatsu-san
and Pokemon 2019. In summary, he does everything on his own when it comes
to music.
His musical genre is J-Rock, at the beginning of his career he used Vocaloids to sing his songs until he slowly got to the point of singing it all himself, although he still continues to use them only when he gets sick and can’t sing (when he recovers he cover his own song). He also has a quality of reaching very high notes without effort, reaches high octaves and can also have a very soft voice, his voice range is very wide to such a degree that he can sing like a woman.
He has a band with another Utaite called Soraru, a duet that called themselves After the Rain, the story of how they came to be a band is… very sad. Mafumafu has mostly very dark and depressing songs and lyrics, such as Berserk, Merry Bad End, Batsu Game, Tachiiri kinshi, etc. Most are about bullying, depression and death, but he always tries to give a hopeful message within these lyrics, remembering that the world is wonderful, that we want to live despite the darkness that surrounds our lives.
The reason for this is because from a very young age he suffered bullying from school and college (due to his tone of voice and appearance), but the worst incident he had was when he began his musical career. Another composer, named Suzumu, was one of his friends until he stole his songs and forced him to be his "ghost composer" for 2 or 3 years. In some way he manipulated the fans to harass and hate him, until the harassment came to physical assaults; like entering his house and hitting him. Soraru found out what was going on and helped him, even making Suzumu confess and apologize to them personally (although apparently it was't an honest apology).
After these incidents, he was afraid to leave his house and even to show his face on the internet. Despite all the bad things he had to go through, Mafumafu is always in contact with his fans on Twitter, NicoNicoDouga and YouTube. He has a radio, funny programs and uploads videos where he plays with friends doing silly things or improvised things, he also plays many video games (especially Super Mario Bros Ultimate).
During this pandemic he even became a Vtuber to be able
to express himself without using his face (an avatar that moves with facial
gestures). He tries his best to keep his fans motivated and happy, distracting
them from the stress of confinement by giving ideas on how to play with friends
online, how to study, get organized, love advice (although he has never dated
anyone) and much more.
On his 29th birthday the last October 18, he published a song called Hitomodoki (ひ と も ど き) which means pseudo-human that is used as an insult in japan, after 10 years of career he overcomes his fear of showing his face in order to convey his feelings and love he has for his fans. I cried a lot the first time I saw the video because I never saw his face in his MV, that explain he was very anxious in his last livestream.
Mafumafu's songs before:
I want to be a super nuko.
I want to be a girl.
I want to be a normie.
Now:
I simply want to be a person.








WOOOOW, I never thought that I would know the name of a Utaite, I really didn't even know about that word until you mentioned it. Years ago I listened to a lot of vocaloid and between that I also got to listen to some Utau, but I never got that much. It's great to see a post like that, it reminds me of years ago. His story is really very exciting, as soon as I can dedicate an entire afternoon to listening to his songs!
ResponderEliminar